Tuesday 7 August 2007

NAS round 3

Many moons ago I told my students about a tournament that was being held last weekend. Unfortunately for me some remembered and wanted to enter! My rotten luck!
I don't know why, perhaps to satisfy my own standards for the competition or at least know how the event was going, but having students in the comp made it necessary for me to judge.
It wasn't a bad competition but I did have to spend a lot of time not doing things like study (still the reason I'm not getting this site updated regular like).
The results, Xiao Mao, 2 firsts and one disqualification (just but came from bad understanding not true misconduct/malice. DaGe 1 Second for one of the better performances of his form I have seen him do (though he did muff it up a little). In the end we came away well ahead.
Now to blow my own horn, I also had someone come up and say that they were happy to have me judging their students and that I was an exemplary judge. I like it when that happens.

I also got recognized by a heap of people afterwards, that I didn't think would have seen me there. That was interesting. Eg, my office mate said his friend told him that I was there. Why in blazes would he... I live in a small town.

No comments: