Monday 9 July 2007

星期三的课

I was looking to cover some basics this lesson, but for random reasons I only had 3 students. So I did some other stuff. I looked at movement interpretation. I took a move out of a form and told those who were there to give it meanings beyond its appearance. Once they had made a couple of different combinations I showed them some other strikes and techniques and then got them to practice some application of those techniques, then linked those techniques back to the original technique. It ended up a very well rounded lesson, I was very happy with the journey that we took.
The technique in question was stepping forward with your right foot into a back weighted stance bringing your hands up together in a large clockwise circle starting at 6 and dropping straight down from about 2 ending with your lead hand over your lead leg.

No comments: