Tuesday 3 July 2007

Winterfest 1

I have a very good friend Sir Angus McBane, (or something like that) who was planning, when last I spoke to him to run the greatest medieval event that these lands had ever seen. This was several months ago. So the 3 days before the event, I finally get in contact with Angus, it is still going ahead. So I make plans Wednesday night to get into my car and drive up to Sydney after class and do what I can to help out.
The first part of my plan is to get my car serviced so that it won't stop half way to Sydney and leave me on the side of the road. $450 later I pick up my car and drive home. This was Tuesday night, Wednesday morning... flat tyre, not happy.
It wasn't flat flat just mostly deflated so I drove to a service station and pumped it back up, I knew that this was going to be a problem, but at this time there was nothing I could do about it. Went to work, had day of... working, come back out to my car, slightly less than almost flat... So 8 hrs from pumped to mostly flat, that means that a 3hr drive should be ok will test again after class. Pumped up again at 5:15pm 50psi
Teach class, I am sure it was good, however I can't remember it very well. I didn't take notes or teach from notes, so it is lost in a haze of driving up to Sydney, I should ask some of my students what I taught, they should remember...
After class once packed ready to drive out 9:45, go to service station check tyre; 20psi, that's 30 psi in 4 hours 30 minutes... I think I'll be stopping on the way... I stopped at a couple of places along the way tyre behaved, all was well.

Arrived in Sydney 1:15am 1hr after planned.

No comments: