Tuesday 24 April 2007

小猫 黄层

I have been working on 小猫 of late, I have been letting him ask questions to the wee hours. Tonight was no exception other than I was planning on it as he faces a yellow level test tomorrow (now today). While the knowledge rather than the cloth is the goal, the expectation that he places on his performance will be great, not that that is a problem as it will both help him train as well as show his weaknesses. Once that this test is out of the way he will be able to explore his gong fu with greater ease as he will be able to look forward as well as back and so get a better idea of what is to come. The reason that he has stopped looking forward is that he had not looked back enough to understand what he had done. This happened a few months ago when I asked him for an essay on one of the poems of 白天龙。This was needed in order for him to advance correctly. Now he needs to be tested before he can't balance what he needs to know next with what he has already established.

The other reason that I planned tonights events is that of all my students he is the only one that seems to enjoy gong fu cha as much as I do. It is good to have a student who likes to drink cha, while discussing technique. They do go well together. I really do need to get my students more into the gong fu cha. This way we can drink gong fu cha after class without interrupting 小马. Then I will again find that I am spending too much time with students and not getting to see 小马!

No comments: