Saturday 28 April 2007

Mid sem Oral

Friday morning was the second and last of my mid-semester tests.
An oral exam for my Chinese class (only class). I had to perform with a partner a 5ish minute dialogue followed by some q&a in Chinese that we were given a guide as how to prepare, something like go over what you have learned. My partner 大马 (coincidence) and I have been working on it for several weeks an it was above and beyond what we had to know but covered everything we had learned. It was hard to bring all that together in a relevant fashion without extra stuff. We could have changed our lives etc to fit the texts, but then we wanted to learn more words relevant to our lives, so we did. The q&a session wasn't too good as the tutor that was helping out was still getting used to the questions (we were the first ones he had interviewed) and was using vocab that we hadn't learned, but I don't think that that will count against us too much. The words weren't actually important, rather gap filling, phrases you say while you think of what you actually mean, like "um" but more like "well..." I can't remember them as I was kinda trying to block them out but they did make it hard to answer. I will type out the dialogue in another post v.soon. I am sure...

No comments: