Saturday 5 May 2007

Meeting the Surgeon 2, Second Doc,

Having established that I cannot speak to the surgeon who recommended me to the Dr I didn't get, I decided to speak to the physio who recommended me to the first Doc. Karl, "Hi could I please speak to Karl?" "I am sorry he is in Sydney today, can you call back tomorrow?" "I kinda want to speak to him now, I need him to tell me about a surgeon that I am to meet at 12pm (currently 12:05)" "Oh, I will call his mobile and get him to call you. What is your number?" now why couldn't my first surgeon, have this receptionist!

(12:07pm) "Hello, Patrick, Karl here, what seems to be the problem"
"bla, bla, bla"
"Oh you're probably best off speaking to Robert (first surgeon who recommended me to Alexander Burn)."
"bla, bla, bla"
"Oh, well then I don't know, I think that he probably recommended Al for a reason, you should probably hold until you speak to him, I know that they are both orthopedic surgeons I don't know if Phil does knees though. If you can try to get the people in the clinic to change your appointment, I am sure they will be able to get you one pretty soon under the circumstances"
"bla, bla, bla"
"Well, good luck! Sorry I couldn't be of more help."
Pretty much at hospital by now, park etc...
"Hi I have an appointment with the wrong surgeon, can you help me?"

No comments: