Friday 11 May 2007

Meeting the Surgeon 4, Post Op

I have been cut.
They took out a piece of meniscus about 25mm long and tapering from 10mm-5mm. I had two sorts of tare, a bucket handle and a radial. Basically I had done a really good job on hurting myself.
I have permission to do all tolerable activity, which at the moment is not much, and I meet up with him again on the 22nd.
I did get onto Robert also and he had no problem with Phil, I still have a problem with his receptionist, she is useless. It took her 5 hours to get a message back to me that took 10 seconds to ask! This is how the conversation should have gone;

"Robert do you remember A Shi who had the knee problem, your recommended Al Burns to him however the was a mix up and he got booked in with Dr Alburn. A Shi wants to know, would you recommend Dr Albrun for the surgery?"
"No I have no problem with that."
"Thanks I'll let him know."

She could have elaborated on how crap she is to not be able to book an appointment with the correct surgeon, but she didn't need to.

All's well that ends well though and now all I have to do is wait for the bills to roll in!

I should get some pictures of the surgery, if I can I will post them for sure!

Ciao!

3 comments:

Ayleia said...

really, what an useless receptionist ...

StyleyGeek said...

I don't think I want to see photos :) But I'm glad you are recovering.

Hope your wallet does :) Just keep all receipts. Any medical costs you cover privately are tax deductable (as Geekman found out when he paid for his knee surgery last year).

a Shi said...

Yes I must remember that, I am pretty sure I have everything so far in one place, that place should go to my tax place... I think...