Thursday 14 June 2007

Good night well had.

Getting back to my weekend posts!
Saturday class has been posted, what was not mentioned is that from there I went home and about 30 minutes of cleaning and packing I was off and en route to LongZaiXia's house. I had 4 swords, one walking stick, three bottles of single malt whiskey's and a Chinese chess set.
So I went helped with some house work (hanging a cabinet and sanding a door frame), trained read, watched telly and played chess. It was a good night. Oh and for those who were interested, the Glenlevet 15yr French oak was quite nice, though would have loved to have tasted the 18yr FO I think it would be much fuller. Though as a lover of Islay whiskey Speysides are almost always going to have an element of that.
There was a down side to the night, I slept very soundly that evening, though the bed on which I slept was out to get me. I woke up fine, did some more training, fiddled with this and that but when I got into my car to leave I felt a twitch... in... my... back...
It was awful, but once in my car it went down and seemed to settle. I went and picked up my tutor and went home to study. Got out of the car... there... again... Straightened up stretched a little, seemed to settle down. For a while all was well.

No comments: