Sunday 3 June 2007

I'm not only dancing!

Study is frutile while listing to the White Stripes. Frutile being the unlikely combination of fruitful and futile. While I go get up and dance I am going back and forth between the table and the dictionary. I am practicing my 100 word composition for my final exam on the 19th. I decided to leave the bag with my study stuff at work over the weekend as I wanted to free my mind from the guilt that it makes me feel and work in a free form, making up sentences using any words I wanted not just the vocab that I have been given. This means that I explore different structures and formations not yet covered by the text.

This is one example of a 100 character paragraph that I have written. For my 朋友老师 please correct anything you see in the comments or via e-mail. Otherwise I will come and ask you anyway!


我今年是二十五岁。 我想了我应该开学作学院。 现在我学习在国立大学。 我的专业是汉语。
我有四位老师。 我也有三个中国朋友。 他们帮助我学习哈眼汉语。 他们也跟我学习英国
我也教他们功夫。 他们都很惊诧我们 很惊诧我知道功夫茶。 他们都是从北芳中国来,不行功夫茶。

I don't know how bad this is (or good) as I am using a different language structure to what I have mostly practiced. I figure if I use the most confusing language to me then I will learn the most, and better prepare for my exam.

Look in the comments for my mark (I hope).

2 comments:

Nancy said...

他们都是从北芳(方)中国来,不行(do you mean they don't drink Gong Fu tea ?then use 用or 喝.)功夫茶。

a Shi said...

What I mean is because they are form the north they don't know how to do Gong Fu tea. I hope it is clearer in the other version.

Thanks for the corrections!