Thursday 14 June 2007

Uralba Open

The event of the year if you are my of my Father's generation. On the Queen's Birthday long weekend my Uncle holds a golf tournament on his farm. It is a good day though usually miserable weather. I have been mostly absent for the last 10 years for one reason or another. Last year was the first time I had been back and for that matter seen most of my Fathers side of the family for about 10 years. I also wasn't there for too long. I arrived at 11pm ish and left the next morning reasonably early. It was a good night.
This year I went out with my tutor. I saw this as a good opportunity for him to learn about Australian families and especially good for him to experience genuine Aussie slang. I don't use slang normally in my every day speech, partly because I work at a university partly because I find it cumbersome to have to repeat myself at ant time. This makes it hard for me to talk to my Chinese tutor in common slang as I just can't think of it unless it is coming at me. He also learned a little about golf. After a while he even got the ball going further than the stick. It was strange to me to see someone who had never played golf before as I grew up with a seasonally adjusted set of clubs from 3/4 -15. I played a little...
After this I took my tutor home and went back home myself to prepare for my next event.




Then getting out of the car... it... did... it... again...

No comments: